Director, Clinical Operations
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 4167
Position Title: Director, Clinical Operations
Plans and directs the business, technical, clinical, and provider activities of care center, home-based teams, and telehealth within the assigned region through direct management of Office Managers and medical assistant staff. Develops and maintains close working relationships with Regional Medical Officers and General Managers to ensure effective communication regarding clinical and business matters. Directs and manages support, nursing, and provider staff to ensure safe, quality, cost-effective care provided in a standardized, reliable process. Carries out all duties while maintaining compliance and confidentiality, and promoting the mission and philosophy of the organization.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Responsible for the implementation of clinic-specific customer service, human resources, and financial goals and objectives consistent with strategic plan and goals.
- Oversees clinic operations through direct supervision of clinic managers. Holds managers and their staff accountable for achieving stated objectives.
- Works effectively as a member of a team with clinical and cross-departmental leadership
- Performs analysis of business office functions, monthly expense and productivity reports, and regular reports of performance compared to budget
- Participates in annual capital and operating budgets for clinics and monitors/adjust accordingly.
- Performs budget analysis and assumes responsibility for explaining/justifying variances.
- Using appropriate metrics and reports to analyze and monitor staffing levels to ensure a cost-effective organizational structure that provides the necessary level of effective support for the medical practices.
- Directs and manages projects for all clinics.
- Develops and/or implements clinic-specific policies, procedures, and programs and monitors adherence to organization policies/standardizations.
- Ensures competency of medical office staff through the development and regular evaluations.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by analyzing customer complaints, concerns, and suggestions and providing appropriate follow-through.
- Interacts with physicians and advanced practitioners on a regular basis to ensure their practice business needs are met. Develops close working relationships with all physicians in the assigned region. Interacts with RMOs on a regular basis to confer on a variety of clinical issues.
- Ensures facility needs are addressed and problems corrected by the Office Managers in order to provide a safe, comfortable environment for staff and patient care/service delivery.
- Fosters and encourages a spirit of transparent cooperation and teamwork within and between all clinics and with other Operations staff. Maintains a constructive working relationship with other administrative departments.
- Performs ongoing analysis of patient visits by the provider to identify barriers and opportunities to improve.
- Responsible for the planning, education, and implementation of company-wide strategic initiatives.
- Interacts with other members of the management team in a professional and goal-oriented manner.
- Obtains and maintains proper state and health department licensure for clinics. Ensures overall compliance with CMS, state, and federal requirements.
- Travel will be required.
Oversees assigned staff. Responsibilities include: recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; assigning workload; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; and coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Five (5) or more years of experience managing a multi-specialty medical group or comparable position and experience to include supervision of staff.
- Working experience within an Accountable Care Organization (ACO) is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in an organization that utilizes an Electronic Medical Records system is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in both an outpatient office, telehealth, and home-based programs is strongly preferred.
- Proven proficiency in financial management, which includes a comprehensive understanding of insurance plans as they relate to physician practice.
- Bachelor's Degree required in a related field
- Masters's degree preferred in a related field
- Work requires a willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to use a variety of electronic information applications/software programs.
- Demonstrated skill in problem-solving.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in both written and oral communication.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Clinical Operations
Alignment Health was founded with a mission to revolutionize health care with a serving heart culture. Through its unique integrated care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and use of proprietary technologies, Alignment is committed to transforming health care one person at a time.
By becoming a part of the Alignment Health team, you will provide members with the quality of care they truly need and deserve. We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and innovation alongside the Alignment community.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment requires all new hires to follow local and/or state requirements regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and booster. If applicable, proof of vaccination and booster will be required as a condition of employment subject to legal exemptions. This policy, which Alignment reserves the right to modify, is part of Alignment’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of its staff and community and to support public health efforts.
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact [email protected].
*DISCLAIMER: Please beware of recruitment phishing scams affecting Alignment Health and other employers where individuals receive fraudulent employment-related offers in exchange for money or other sensitive personal information. Please be advised that Alignment Health and its subsidiaries will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for employment with our company. If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam such as this, please report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email sent by or on behalf of Alignment Health’s talent acquisition team, please email [email protected].