Health Coach Educator (BILINGUAL IN SPANISH) *MUST BE ABLE TO CONDUCT HOME VISITS IN SANTA CLARA COUNTY*
Location: San Jose, California US
Job Number: 4479
Position Title: Health Coach Educator
Health Coach & Educator will be responsible for conducting home and virtual (telehealth and telephonic) visits to develop a wellness coaching relationship with patients, caregivers, and families through the process of actively working towards better health by providing support, encouragement, and education.
GENERAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Contacts patients that are eligible for Alignment’s Care at Home program and provides necessary wellness coaching to reduce or eliminate high-risk behaviors , examples include:
- Motivational interviewing to support behavioral changes and treatment plan compliance
- Education to support healthy lifestyle as directed by the treating clinician. Examples include:
- o Stress reduction, diet, exercise, coping mechanisms, home safety and fall prevention
- Collaborates with advanced practice clinicians and/or social worker to develop an action plan
- Encourages adoption of habits that are conducive to a higher quality of life
- Responsible for delivering a high level of patient service and increasing member retention and satisfaction
- Assists patients with accessing community resources and social services to address social determinants impacting health and wellbeing, such as:
- Addressing social isolation
- Addressing food insecurities
- Identifying community resources and other benefits to address financial barriers
- o Assisting with applications and other paperwork to apply for benefits and resources
- Develop and distribute health education materials to identified patients, caregivers, and/or families within the Health Coach scope of practice
- Coordinate Care with other Alignment team members, including health-related vendors for optimal patient care
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Experience:
- At least 1- year experience as a wellness/health coach or educator
- Minimum associate degree in a health-related field or equivalent experience/certifications; bachelor’s
- degree preferred
- Experience in health behavior change/health coaching/health education
- Strong knowledge of specific diseases, lifestyle-related topics, nutrition, and exercise
- Knowledge of and experience with applying the stages of change or a similar behavior change model
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to foster trust and respect among customers and coworkers
- Able to work independently and remotely
- Able to work with protected health information and maintain absolute confidentiality and privacy in accordance with HIPAA regulations and AHP policies
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Spanish speaking Required
- Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
City: San Jose
Location City: San Jose
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Health Coach Educator (BILINGUAL IN SPANISH) *MUST BE ABLE TO CONDUCT HOME VISITS IN SANTA CLARA COUNTY*
Alignment Health was founded with a mission to revolutionize health care with a serving heart culture. Through its unique integrated care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and use of proprietary technologies, Alignment is committed to transforming health care one person at a time.
By becoming a part of the Alignment Health team, you will provide members with the quality of care they truly need and deserve. We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and innovation alongside the Alignment community.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment requires all new hires to follow local and/or state requirements regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and booster. If applicable, proof of vaccination and booster will be required as a condition of employment subject to legal exemptions. This policy, which Alignment reserves the right to modify, is part of Alignment’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of its staff and community and to support public health efforts.
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact [email protected].
*DISCLAIMER: Please beware of recruitment phishing scams affecting Alignment Health and other employers where individuals receive fraudulent employment-related offers in exchange for money or other sensitive personal information. Please be advised that Alignment Health and its subsidiaries will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for any type of payment as part of consideration for employment with our company. If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam such as this, please report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email sent by or on behalf of Alignment Health’s talent acquisition team, please email [email protected].